The Reunion aquarium is located in the seaside area West of Reunion Island, in the heart of the Saint-Gilles-les-Bains marina.
The Reunion Island Aquarium is a private company that opened in 2000 and has welcomed more than 1 million visitors.
A showcase of information and awareness for the general public on Reunion's marine environment, the Reunion Aquarium wishes to participate in the promotion of Reunion's marine heritage and to contribute to improving knowledge of reef ecosystems.
You will find many species of fish from the Indian Ocean, but also small sharks. The aquarium is located near the marina of Saint-Gilles les Bains, a 3-minute walk from the town center, and the famous Roches Noires beach. It is easy to access and is very popular with children of all ages in Réunion.
You can access the Reunion Island aquarium:
- by the plot located just after the Case à Pain car park
- by the plot leading to the city center of Saint-Gilles
Access can also be made:
- on foot from the point of the city center of Saint-Gilles,
- by car, parking is possible in the car parks (6.3; BED 2) located around the marina,
- by bus, Cars Jaunes “Marina” stop
Reunion Island Aquarium and its shop are open, Monday to Sunday, from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
The ticket office closes at 5.30 p.m.
For more activities visits to Reunion consult our interactive map.